Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Clerics of Svarog/ Slavic Clerics Pt. IV

(illus: Viktor Vasnetsov, 1898)

Cleric Spells (Svarog)
Clerics of Svarog have access to the following spells:

1st Level: Command, Create Water (as rain), Cure Light Wounds, Detect Evil, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food and Drink, Remove Fear (reversible), Resist Cold, Sanctuary, Divine WeatherD, Heat MetalD, Burning HandsD

2nd Level: Augury, Bless, Delay Poison, Find Traps, Hold Person, Holy Chant, Resist Fire, Produce FlameD, PyrotechnicsD

3rd Level: Continual Light, Cure Blindness, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic, Locate Object, Prayer, Remove Curse (reversible), Striking (on iron weapons only), Clairaudience*, Clairvoyance*, Gust of Wind*

4th Level: Cure Serious Wounds, Detect Lie, Divination, Exorcise, Neutralize Poison, Protection from Evil 10’ Radius, Enchant Arms*

5th Level: Atonement, Commune, Cure Critical Wounds, Dispel Evil, Flame Strike, Plane Shift, Fly*

6th Level: Animate Objects, Control Weather, Find the Path, Heal, Stone Tell

7th Level: Astral Projection, Holy Word, Restoration, Wind Walk, Control Weather (Greater)D

Slavic Countryside Encounters
Much goes on beneath the great domain of Svarog, though here is just a smattering.

Locale (roll 1d10)
1. Kapishche (outdoor sacred enclosure): 25% chance of having a volkhv of Svarog present, level 1d3.
2. Idols or cemetery (50% chance of being foreboding)
3. Logging camp
4. Beautiful overlook (with a nice view of the Sky, Svarog’s domain)
5. Forest Clearing
6. Hut or Cabin (50% chance of having a bath house)
7. Forest path
8. Marshy area
9. Open field
10. Farm

Inhabitants (roll 1d10)
1. None (area is deserted)
2. Animals only (20% chance of being dangerous, per Referee)
3. 1d6 Folk enjoying the countryside (+1 on Disposition Table below; 35% chance of being attractive women)
4. 1d8 Workers (-1 on Disposition Table below)
5. 1d4 Tradespeople
6. 1d6 Travelers (See Odin section in Divinities and Cults: Volume I for table)
7. 1d4 Nobles guarded by 2d4 levels of fighters
8. 1d6 Vagabonds (See Loki section in Divinities and Cults: Volume I for table; 25% chance of being bandits too)
9. 1d3 Spirits (See Orcus section in Divinities and Cults: Volume II for details; 65% chance of being mischievous; 35% chance of being dangerous)
10. 1d4 Monsters (great beasts, demons, humanoids, giants, undead, or fey)

Disposition (roll 1d8)
1. Angry!
2. Gruff
3. Depressed
4. Reverent
5. Peaceful
6. Happy
7. Boisterous
8. Celebratory!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Divinities and Cults: Volume II for DCC RPG is now available!


(click the picture for product page)


Have you unleashed the mighty power of Divinities and Cults in your game yet? 
Divinities and Cults: Volume II covers the Gods and Goddesses of both the Celtic and Roman Pantheons, as well as a number of Evil Cults. Like Volume I, this work provides detailed tenets, special cleric considerations, healing side-effects, numerous divine tests, and custom spell lists for all 19 of them. What is more, optional rules and random tables abound, organized by  Divinity, of course. This excellent book is compatible with the Dungeon Crawl Classics Roleplaying Game™! 
  • Detailed rules for playing clerics of 7 Celtic and 7 Roman Gods and Goddesses
  • Full rules for also playing clerics of 5 Evil Cults
  • 20 pieces of unique artwork by Luigi Castellani (note: some Goddesses are depicted partially nude)
  • 11 Random encounter tables
  • 7 Other random tables
  • 20 Optional rule & sidebar sections
  • An Appendix that offers guidelines for making over 20 additional Divinities, as well as  having cultural variations for clerics of the various Divinities, such as Ionian, German, Etruscan, Gallic, etc.
  • And much more!

Monday, April 17, 2017


In case you didn’t get the message from Drive Thru RPG, Divinities and Cults: Volume II has been updated. I’ve fixed a couple of typos and other minor issues in it over the last few weeks, as well as adjusted some of the Healing Side-Effects in order to give recipients a tad more benefit.

Also, as a special ‘thank you’ for purchasing the book, I’ve added a link to a bonus Divinity: Eostre. If you didn’t get the link or the update, let me know!

Last, I’ve sent the DCC RPG version to Mr. Goodman for his review. Hopefully, I will hear back from him soon and be able to upload it for purchase...