Found north and west of Middlechest, the rugged lands of Gore hold many atavars and even some human savages amongst them. Those there are known for their wilderness ways and bouts of ceremonial violence. Quite simply, it is the atavars who are in charge, and any others who resist their claim to the land are attacked- others are left alone, though they most likely are relegated to a very primeval and unclad existence. Whatever the case, it is fittingly a place of much ‘goring’, as well as much ‘gore’.
Gorian atavars are more likely to be Arcadian in type (roll 1d20: 1-14: Arcadian, 15-19: Antediluvian, 20: Minoan.
Gore encounters (roll 1d10)
1. 1d6 Wild Animals (50% chance of being dangerous)
2. 1d12 Human Folk (25% chance of being good at singing; 75% chance of being savage or hippie-types; 95% chance of being unclad)
3. Roaming Atavars: 1d6-1 Deer-heads, 1d4-1 Goat-heads, 1d2-1 Bull-heads (50% chance of each being aggressive)
4. Atavar Hunting Party: 2d6 Deer-heads, 2d4 Goat-heads, 1d4 Bull-heads (75% chance of being aggressive, otherwise they are really aggressive!), plus a 25% chance of also having 1d2 minotaur or 1d4 satyr allies.
5. 1d2 Minotaurs (100% chance of being aggressive)
6. 1d4 Satyrs (50% chance of being intoxicated; 100% chance if being lecherous)
7. 1d3 Nature spirits, dryads, or nature fey
8. Natural event (roll 1d6):  weather change,  terrain change,  noticeable tree, rock or hill,  pitfall,  bug swarm or coldness (depending on season),  poison ivy or brambles
9. 1d2 Great beasts (75% chance of simply being giant versions, otherwise are mutants/monsters)
10. Other (roll on a general mountain, field, or forest table)
Located north and west of Strass Hill, Pentagram Tannery is a cursed place, at least for humankind. Whether by some demonic influence or simply because of the way the atavars there evolved, they tolerate no humans running free. Any who are not immediately attacked and butchered are instead sent to live as chattel for the atavars. There they live out what little remains of their lives as either beasts of burden, foodstock, or even pets!
Pentagram atavars are more likely to be Antediluvian or Minoan in type (roll 1d20: 1-4: Arcadian, 5-12: Antediluvian,13-20: Minoan.
Gore encounters (roll 1d10)
1. 1d6 Wild Animals (25% chance of being dangerous)
2. 1d6 Folk (75% chance of trying to pass through Pentagram Quickly, otherwise here to fight the atavars)
3. Atavar Ranchers: 1d2-1 Deer-heads, 1d4-1 Goat-heads, 1d6-1 Bull-heads herding 2d6 human ‘livestock’
4. Atavar Raiding Party: 1d6 Deer-heads, 2d4 Goat-heads, 2d4 Bull-heads looking for human livestock and pets, plus 50% chance of also having 1d4 centaur allies or 2d6 pack humans (see below)
5. 1d4 Centaurs
6. 2d6 pack humans used for (roll 1d3);  hunting,  carrying,  or being pets, with 1d3 Atavars of random types watching over them
7. 1d3 Nature spirits or Demonic spirits
8. Other event (roll 1d6):  weather change,  terrain change,  noticeable tree, hill, or field,  pitfall,  bug swarm or coldness (depending on season),  human mass grave
9. 1d2 Great beasts (50% chance of simply being giant versions, otherwise are mutants/monsters)10. Other (roll on a general mountain, field, or forest table)