3rd in the series on ways to incorporate the followers of various gods and goddesses from the upcoming Divinities and Cults: Volume III into your campaign, we have Ereshkigal: Mesopotamian goddess of the great earth, life, & death.
1. The party hears word of a new queen in the land. She invariably has a dark personality and is also (roll 1d6):  a widower,  a stepmother,  rumored to be a witch,  quite rubenesque,  an Avatar of Ereshkigal,  reroll twice
2. A random member of the party feels the need to begin shedding his or her garments as Ishtar did when visiting Ereshkigal. The effect lasts for 10 rounds and he or she must save vs. spell each round or strip off a garment. At the end, there is a 10% chance of a priestess of Ereshkigal arriving per item removed.
3. Suddenly, 1d6 undead emerge with equal HD to the party members. They attack and the party will earn the goodwill of the next follower of Ereshkigal they meet; that is, if they stand, fight, and survive.
4. A woman is crying at a grave. She then (roll 1d4):  continues to cry,  points to a random male in the party who must save vs. death or die,  wishes to enjoy some pleasures,  all of the above. There’s a 33% chance of her being a ghost. Otherwise, she’s just some deadly chick blessed by Ereshkigal.
5. The skies grow especially cloudy and grim, making all those who don’t follow Ereshkigal or another underworld deity suffer a -2 to all rolls until they see some clarity.
6. A random lucky party member stumbles across some remains. They are (roll 1d6):  unknown human,  known human, [3-4] animal,  monstrous,  indeterminate. And he or she finds them by (roll 1d6):  spotting them,  smelling something,  noticing carrion-eaters,  stepping on them,
 falling onto them,  finding them in a pouch or container.
7. Two people are wrestling in the mud in an effort to bring them closer to the great earth goddess. They, and anyone who stays to watch, have an equal chance of either gaining a new beginning or an ending (per Referee). The wrestlers also have a 75% chance of being hot women and a 50% chance of being witches of Ereshkigal.
8. Plague has befallen the land. All who are infected suffer from near death experiences, whether they survive or not- by making two successful CON checks in a row. Those who lie with the local priestess of Ereshkigal are immune.
9. The party stumbles upon a striking image of Ereshkigal. Taking offense, her (former) husband Gugalanna crushes any who find it attractive for 3d6 damage.
10. A strange chalice is uncovered. It is actually sacred to Ereshkigal. Those who drink from it can use her Mysteries once that day, but woe onto those who defy any of her tenets while doing so.
11. The party member with the highest Wisdom score has a vivid dream of earthy Ereshkigal. Though he or she gains the ability to cast one of her first level spells at will the following day, the dreamer also triggers one of Ereshkigal’s divine tests.
12. 2d3 strange, intersex demons blink into existence, intent on dragging the party to Irkalla (the Mesopotamian Underworld). They are gallu and the party better hope they have some lamb available!
Sample 3rd Level Cleric of EreshkigalAlign: N
Dmg: 1d6 (mace) or 1d4 (dagger)
SP: Ereshkigal turn ability, mysteries
Spells prepared: Cure Light Wounds, Light (reverse), Shield*, Sleep*
Augury, Levitate*, Invisibility*
Possessions: Robes, holy symbol, mace, dagger, chalice, book of depressing poetry, 31 gold pieces
Next week- Cleric Encounters: Ishtar!