Whether it be as Badb, Nemain, or Macha, Queen Morrighan is sure to help those who encounter her to meet their fate!
1. The Morrighan brings strife to the area, causing all within 1d20 x 20’ to save vs. spell or become at odds with one another for the next 3d6 rounds. Those so disposed will even resort to violence, especially those who follow her.
2. A crow alights on a nearby tree. Of course, it is a personification of Badb, and all who see it and don’t sufficiently fear her must save vs. death or suffer a curse of being unable to get what they want when they want it. The wise would likely flee such a world that would no longer be dear to them, forevermore.
3. Shapely and sky-clad, a warrior-woman kneels up ahead. She is actually a (roll 1d8):
[1-2] warrior-woman who follows the Morrighan, [3-4] druidess of the Morrighan, [5-6] cleric of the Morrighan,  witch of the Morrighan,  avatar of the Morrighan in her Nemain aspect. The warrior-woman only responds to a worthy dueling foe and, if they land a hit on her (AC 0) within 3 rounds of fighting, she will agree to train them, just like Cúchulainn.
4. All hail Macha, the great queen of the land! Any party members who are from the general area gain a +1 to all rolls for the rest of the day, while those who aren’t will suffer a -1 instead. Wherever they are, the results will likely not be plain.
5. A howl in the distance and the party has come upon a dark fen- see Volume II to generate what might be inside. The party may enter, though it will be evil indeed if no one mourned them. Still, there’s a 25% chance per hour spent there that they will find two warrior-women (roll twice on #3 above) wrestling in the mud.
6. Suddenly, everything begins to change. The work of the Phantom Queen, all within 360’ must save vs. paralysis or become (roll 1d3):  ethereal- unable to interact with physical beings or objects,  terrifying- all who first encounter them must save vs. death or flee,  both. Such a nightmare situation lasts for the next 3d6 minutes, though any faithful of the Morrighan may choose to enjoy such a state until dawn.
7. Havoc! In the next battle the party faces, the Morrighan appears, offering herself to one of her followers or the best warrior if none are available. If the one chosen accepts, then he will enjoy her pleasures, but cannot partake in the fighting. If not, then he will suffer a -6 penalty to all rolls for the battle, as animals appear at inopportune moments to trip him up.
8. Hideous and screaming, a hopping hag accosts the party. Though she may have once been a conscious follower of the Morrighan, her mind is now beyond addled, though she is still considered holy. She will take an interest in a random party member. If treated well, ignoring her smacks and shrieks, then the Morrighan will reward them; if not, then that party member must undergo a divine test!
Mve: 45’; AC 6; HD 2; Attk: 1 smack; Dmg: 1d3; SP: Shriek (3/day)- save vs. death or be unable to act following round; Sve: F3, Mor: 6
9. It becomes known that the only way to stop of fomorian invasion is for one to greatly please a raven-haired warrior-woman (see #3 above). Refer to Victory in Love & War in Volume III to determine if any volunteers can do so. Followers of Celtic gods will gain a +3 bonus to their rolls in this case, +6 if they follow the Dagda, thanks to his and the Morrighan’s notable concubinage in the past.
10. A mysterious woman is spotted washing clothes. She is a (roll 1d4): [1-2] warrior-woman of the Morrighan- roll again on #3 above,  hopping hag- see #8 above,  Celtic vampress- a Baobhan sidhe (see stats below). Whoever she is, there is a 13% chance, rolled for each party member, that they are fated to die sometime soon (within the next 1d6 turns- per Referee), whether she’ll be the one to actually fulfill it or not.
Mve: 50’; AC 3; HD 8; Attk: 1 bite or slap; Dmg: 1d6 or 2d6; SP: Charm Person (3/day), can drain blood (with a successful bite attack) taking 2 of the victim’s strength or constitution and adding up to 4 of each to her own for 12 hours, -6 to all rolls when in sunlight, takes 2 damage per round when touching iron; Sve: F10, Mor: 10
11. Setbacks can be the greatest teacher. A lucky, random party member will find that out, experiencing an automatic roll of 1 on the next three rolls he or she makes. This situation can be prevented by sacrificing a bull to the Morrighan, though it will likely flee (a base 75% chance), leading those who follow it to an Otherworld (q.v.)
12. Things grow dark, for the Morrighan declares that the spirit of Samhain is upon you! For the next 24 hours, all of the party’s beneficial effects and saves vs. fear are at a -3, while all undead and other dark beings gain a +3 bonus to all their rolls. And if it is within a month of the actual day of the gateway to the dead being opened, then all effects are at x3!
DCC RPG Conversion notes
Save vs. spell= Make a Will save DC 15
Save vs. death= Make a Will save DC 10
AC 0 = AC 19
Save vs. paralysis= Make a Reflex save DC 15
Hopping Hag: Init: +5; Atk smack +3 (1d3); AC 13; HD 2d8; MV 35’; Act 1d20; SP Shriek (3/day)- Will save DC 10 or be unable to act following round; SV Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +9
Baobhan sidhe: Init: +9; Atk bite or slap +10 (1d6+2 or 2d6+2); AC 16; HD 8d8; MV 40’; Act 1d20; SP Charm Person (3/day) w/ a +11 spell check, can drain blood (with a successful bite attack) taking 2 of the victim’s strength or stamina and adding up to 4 of each to her own for 12 hours, -6 to all rolls when in sunlight, takes 2 damage per round when touching iron; SV Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +12
Fennore, Sample 10th Level Druidess of the MorrighanAlign: C
AC: 3 (7 when unclad)
Dmg: 1d6+3 (+2 sickle) or 1d6+2 (+1 spear)
SP: Morrighan mysteries, druid abilities, Way of Nemain (from divine test #12) and Warrior Gift: Macha (from divine test #17)
Spells prepared: [1st] Command (w/+7 bonus) (x2), Cure Light Wounds, Light (Reverse), Speak w/ AnimalsD (crows only)
[2nd] Hold Person (x2), Holy Chant, Scare*, Shatter*
[3rd] Remove Curse (reversible), Striking, Charm person*, Haste*
[4th] Confusion*, Enchant Arms*, Polymorph Self* (crow or hag forms only)
[5th] Cure Critical Wounds, Hold Monster
Possessions: Holy symbol, +2 leather armor (when clad), +2 sickle, +1 spear, torque of invisibility, 235 gold pieces, three 1st level Morrighan priestess acolytes, one 2nd level fighter-maiden bodyguard
Fennore, DCC StatsInit +6
Atk sickle +11 melee (1d6+3) or spear +10 melee (1d6+2)
AC 16 (12 when unclad)
Act 1d20 + 1d20
SP: Morrighan mysteries, druid abilities, Way of Nemain (from divine test #12), and Warrior Gift: Macha (from divine test #17)
Spells known: [1st] Blessing, Darkness, Paralysis, Second Sight, Shillelagh, Word of Command, Blade of Atropos*, Animal Summoning* (crows only), Magic Shield*
[2nd] Curse, Fen Stare, Neutralize Poison or Disease, Forest Walk*, Glorious Mire*, Invisibility*, Scare*, Shatter*
[3rd] Bolt from the Blue, Remove Curse, Speak with the Dead (who have died in battle), Spiritual Weapon, Charm Person*, Haste*
[4th] Affliction of the Gods, Consult Spirit (Elemental, Fair Maiden, Fey, Nature, or Totemic), Polymorph*, Sword Magic*
[5th] Whirling Doom, Planar Step*
Next week: Divinity Encounters, Trivia!