Cleric Spells (Asclepius)
Clerics of Asclepius have access to any spells that cause healing, rejuvenation, and/or promote good health. Remember too that their Asclepian Mysteries can grant them a +4 bonus to all healing-related Casting Rolls, up to once per day per level (if using that rule, which you should!)
1st Level: Cure Light Wounds, Protection from Evil, Purify Food and Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold, Sanctuary, Detect Snares and PitsD, Purify Food and WaterD
2nd Level: Bless, Delay Poison, Find Traps, Resist Fire, Snake Charm, Heat MetalD (for sterilization purposes)
3rd Level: Cure Blindness, Cure Disease, Prayer, Remove Curse
4th Level: Create Food and Water, Cure Serious Wounds, Exorcise, Neutralize Poison, Protection from Evil 10’ Radius
5th Level: Atonement, Cure Critical Wounds, Dispel Evil
6th Level: Heal, Restoration (gained at an earlier level than other clerics)
7th Level: Regenerate, Resurrection (use triggers an automatic Type V Divine Test!)
Asclepeion (healing temple) Encounters
Roll or pick to determine what adventurers encounter in a place of healing.
1. 1d6 Special Facilities are also at the Asclepeion (roll 1d8): a Gymnasium, Healing Well, Labyrinth, Library, Sacred Grove, Small Stadium, Theatre, or Tholos (small circular building/ gazebo)
2. Strange event (roll 1d3): random visiting spirit (see Divinities and Cults: Volume II), contagion (Save or catch a disease), or per Referee.
3. 1d10 Non-venomous snakes (75% chance of freaking out those not used to them)
4. 1d20 Patients that are either (roll 1d4): very ill, not ill at all, known to a random party member, or dangerous.
5. 1d4 Assistants or Orderlies that are (roll 1d4): very helpful, know ‘what’s really going on’ (35% chance of actually being right), suspiciously absent, or have some ulterior motive.
6. 1d6 Nurses that are either (roll 1d6): quite attractive, quite unattractive, very helpful, very rude, under duress, or a combination thereof.
7. 1d3 Clerics of Asclepius that are (roll 1d6): distracted, busy (wait time increases to 4d20 minutes), under duress, very skilled, very talkative, or a combination thereof.