In a strait, all things are useful. Lemminkainen will see just how resourceful the party is. And if things get too dicey, there's always a base 25% chance of one faithful in him showing up to join in the adventure too (per result #12).
3. The party can't rest their mounts anywhere, nor remove their armor (barding or human-type). Whenever such is attempted, annoying phantom babes and old women show up to chastise them and prevent it. Such a curse can only be identified by one faithful in Lemminkainen (or similar divinity), though a follower of another divinity would actually be needed to remove it.
4. What lies ahead? A Pohjolan hold! Within, one will find 2d6 Pohjolan swordsmen drinking flagons of beer with snakes and lizards at the bottom, 1d4 dogs that love to lick the blood of strangers, and 1 Pohjolan host, ready to duel. There's also a 50% chance of 1d4th level noita of Louhi being within (detailed next week) to lead the dark northerners as a Hostess, as well.
Bloodlicker Dogs: Align: N, MV: 70’, AC: 8, HD: 2, Atk: 1 bite, Dmg: 1d4, SP: +3 to hit those who are bleeding, SV: F2, Mor: 9 (1 if Host is slain)
7. Gliding upon a nearby death river is a black swan, or some other surprising event. Such a sight might seem an epiphany; that is, until a blind shepherd (with surprisingly good aim), begins cursing profusely and opens fire!
8. A glowing, smoky wall of flame blocks the way ahead. All who attempt to pass through will take 10d6 damage. Another route must be found, unless travelers are overly fond of a sauna.
9. As the party rounds a turn, they discover a lava river up flowing beyond. Luckily, it seems like it can be bypassed with a minor detour. Unluckily, within the river is a rocky pinnacle. From that springs a fire eagle intent on bringing the fire directly to the party.
10. What is that I hear? Something sounding like a howl and a roar... Those who remain to find out will be attacked within 2d4 rounds by a hideous wolf & black bear. These monsters will aggress relentlessly until given something to eat. Otherwise, the party members will do!