Large men (usually) with the four-legged bodies of horses, centaurs are often savage and drunk. They were born of the pairing of Ixion and Nephele, and are seen as accursed or even vile by the faithful of Zeus and Hera as a result. Instead, they are mainly associated with Aphrodite and Dionysus. Still others call Cronos their patron (link), following in the more refined (but still four-legged) footsteps of Chiron, while a few others have the more civilized ways of Apollo.
Associated Divinity/Cult (d6)
1-2. Aphrodite: 50% chance of being lascivious (if not already); 25% chance of being a bucentaur; 50% chance of being a centauride
3-4. Dionysus: 50% chance of being drunken (if not already)
5. Cronos: 50% chance of being instructive (if not already); 50% chance of being bearded; 25% chance of having human forelegs
6. Apollo: 50% chance of being calm (if not already); 25% chance of having a white coat
Not all are of a Sagittarius disposition...
1. Calm & Instructive (& Sober)
3. Drunken Only
4. Drunken & Lascivious
5. Drunken & Murderous
6. Drunken, Lascivious, & Murderous
Centaur's Special Abilities (base 5% chance for each)
- Bearded: centaur is somewhat older and wiser.
- Centauride: centaur is female, 25% chance of some stallion parts too.
- Centaurmach: Especially hates Lapiths: due to events of the Centaurmachy, +2 to all rolls made to harm actual members of that tribe, or similar stone age humans at least.
- Human Forelegs: centaur's speed is reduced by 25%, but it can now actually resist drinking alcohol.
- White Coat: centaur's horse hair parts are white, making it very pleasing to the eye, but unfortunately a popular choice for horse sacrifices or worse.
1-2. Large Club
4. Large Rock
5. Large Spear
6. Other Large (per Referee)